- Students should not touch mirrors, hang or jump on barres or mats.
- Please have all dancers use the restroom before class.
- No food or drink is allowed on the dance floor. Only water will be allowed during class. There is no eating while class is in session
- Ballet and Tap shoes are required for all Ballet/Tap combo classes.
-Dancers should have hair pulled back in a ponytail, bun or braid. There should be no hair hanging in the dancer’s face. We provide hair ties at the front desk if they are needed.
- No sitting during class (unless asked). The chairs are for the audience (parents) and the window ledge is for no one.
- The audience should be respectful of the dancers and keep the volume down and distractions to a minimum.
- No street shoes are allowed on the dance floor.
-No gum allowed in class.
-Students must wait inside the building to be picked up.
You know your child best! Please do not bring your child to dance class if they are sick.
Your child should NOT come to class if he or she has/is:
- A fever of 100 degrees F (orally) or higher in the past 24 hours WITHOUT fever-reducing medication
- Vomiting or diarrhea in the past 24 hours
- An undiagnosed skin rash
- Untreated live head lice
Our policies follow the Minneapolis school system.
In the event of absence, make-up classes are available. We encourage dancers to make up the class with-in that same month if possible, or if you know in advance your child will be absent, have the make up done before classes begin learning their recital pieces. There are no deductions on monthly tuition due to absence. Please speak directly with Miss Colleen with questions or concerns.
Our hope is to build community inside and outside of the studio. We want your child to feel safe. No teasing, horseplay, foul language or disruptive behavior is allowed. MPAC reserves the right to dismiss any student(s) from class for inappropriate behavior.
A neat appearance helps your child feel like a dancer, and realize that dance class is a special. Dancers should wear form fitting clothes they feel comfortable moving in. Leotards are encouraged but not required. Please no jewelry.